Monday, December 17, 2007

Resurrection. Don's Story.

Last night I had the opportunity to spend some time talking with a family friend named Don while waiting for TfG to start. The following is only a bit of his story.... A story of resurrection.

Don used to work at the golf cart store here in the highly secure gated community. He worked tirelessly on individuals' golf carts and even sold a few himself. And yet, every time I would see Don at work.... there was no joy written on his face or alive through his body language.

Oh sure.. Don and his wife were greatly involved in our local church body through a Bible study class that meets on Sunday mornings. And yet, even with that, there was still a lack of real peace at that time in his life... He knew inside it was like he was dead. And it showed all over him on the outside.

When I realized Don and his wife were sitting to my left, I scooted over by Don and said, "What are you up to these days my friend?" And then, I got a glimpse of his face... It was brighter than any lights used to showcase those who were to be on center stage while giving a solo or singing a duet. I could not wait to hear the newest chapter in his story...

Back in July, Don got word that the chaplain at a certain place was ill and would not be able to fulfill his duties any longer. Once upon a time, Don was on staff at different churches. He felt God tugging at his heart. Needless to say, Don is now the chaplain at this certain place...

As Don shared with me about all the changes in his/their life since July, there it was... Joy. Undeniable joy. It was written in the lines and crevices of his older face. He literally glowed. He invited Brother G and I to come and visit him after the start of the new year. It would be his pleasure to give us a tour and dine with us. Nah, it really would be ours...

As he gave me his calling card, I was reminded of the numerous times daddy and I discussed Nicol Sponberg's song "Resurrection". One of the main lines in TfG is: "If God ordained it, He will make a way."

God ordained it. He made a way. A man named Don has been resurrected. We cannot wait to hear all the stories of lives that will be impacted as a result...

Do you need to be resurrected this moment? God can take the pieces in His hands and make you whole again.

No comments: