Friday, October 12, 2007

Mae. Worship. Pray.

This morning I was to take care of Mae. My phone had already rang a couple of times before I reached the highly secure gated community she lives in. Her two daughters wanting to know this and that....

When I arrived... there was her youngest son's truck as well. As I took my shoes off and entered the front door, there was the three of them - Mae, the daughter she lives with and the son. It has been a couple of weeks now since I have seen any of them. Oh my.... Their faces... Their body languages.... I was crying on the inside... And yet.. I knew what my job was this morning.

We had a frank conversation... the four of us... At times it is clear how we are to use previous experiences and knowledge.. No matter how we would like for it to not be so... The daughter had to leave to work for half a day... I gave Mae her meds and bathed her... and got all she needed ready to go. The son took her to the hospital...

I came back to the highly secure gated community we live in. Hubby was needing a break from studying.... so off we went into town. Just the two of us.... On the way back.... we worshipped... Hubby sang out loud.... I sang along in my heart... and mind. Mercy Me's song Bring the Rain.... did I ever mention that it was played at Dennis' celebration service? His wife insisted upon it being played....

There is much going on that I will not blog about at the moment. I ask that you pray for Mae and her dear precious family.....

Holy Holy Holy are You Lord God Almighty.

No comments: