Friday, October 12, 2007

Conversations in the Waiting Room

Yesterday afternoon, one of the sweetest and kindest individual we've ever known was having surgery. She is also one of the receptionist for our local church body. So, even though I had already spent some time in GR yesterday morning with AC... I found myself driving back to the hospital.

ET and her hubby are without question.... two of the biggest blessings to have happened to our church in a few years and to us personally. He may be retired from secular employment but is definitely not from being a Christ-follower. In fact, he is even more on fire for the Lord now than before.... or so I've heard. ET, well.... she just flat out amazes me as well. What a couple! What an example of till death due us part....

While in the waiting room, there were many conversations to be had over the hours. ET and I had both been speakers at a women's event back when we both first came to the local church. It was then, that I met her daughter Jennifer. As we waited for news about her mama.... I walked with her baby (the youngest of five children).... she finally went to sleep on my shoulder and her mama and I had a real heart-to-heart talk. Funny enough? Jennifer not only knows AC & M but has known them and their parents since they were little girls... And their town is far smaller than ours. The name sounds like something from Little House on the Prairie.. I kid you not.... We did not even know there was a connection until that conversation... Now we have a better plan on helping these individuals....

G and his wife, JE, were there... I just had to laugh at him. As they were getting ready to leave to go help prepare for the widow's banquet... We all stood up to hug them goodbye. He walked over to me... put his arm around me and squeezed my shoulder tight.. He then said, "Camey? Have you finished that assignment I gave you last week?" Yep.... that definitely reminds me of daddy... and G and I just laughed and when I told him I had not as of yet... He said, "Okay now... I'm expecting you to get right on that." There's this family coming on Wednesday nights... and since I'm suppose to know each and every person... personally... he expects me to know them like yesterday.... (did you hear my finger snap just then?) lol What G doesn't realize just yet... I'm praying for him to find out who they are... their stories.... G? If you're reading this... I'm expecting you to get right on that....

There was another couple there that I do not know all that well. After a few of the others had gone on.... we had a chance to talk more in-depth. They fascinated me I must confess. I know the man sort of intimidates some.... Yet, after what little time I spent with him.. and his wife... his heart came through loud and clear. I pray more individuals would be willing to hear it... It amazes me at times who individuals are intimidated by... Forget looks.... it's the heart people...

While sitting in the waiting room... talking with such dear family... a man walked by... I called out to him and walked over to talk with him. He was one of my pastors when I was a little girl. He has the church were hubby preached his very first sermon at and a few other times in his absence. He loved my daddy... whom he called "Deacon" so... How God can truly heal relationships.... and take them to levels only He could know.

ET came out of surgery just fine... Hopefully, in time... even better than before... And let me tell you... She will be even more amazing... And she'll run circles around me and I will smile watching this precious older woman who loves Jesus so.

Thank You Lord for conversations in the waiting room... and for the individuals who come when called. Also for the hands being held while praying giving You the praise and the glory for the things You have done.

No comments: