Saturday, June 16, 2007

This. That. In-between.

Last night hubby, myself, Aus, Trav and Park sat around the dinner table. Several items were discussed. Of course each had input on the whole "CANCELLED" or postponed debate. Hubby, Trav and Park all agreed with Kathy in that postponed sounds better. Aus agreed with Dawn and my self. The conversation was totally hilarious. Voices got a little raised in volume and passion as each one stated their position. Did I mention how much we enjoy sitting around the dinner table together as a family? So, while it may seems like we were divided on the subject ...... actually we were together...

B got to come home from the hospital last night with baby Corbin. Keep praying for her and all involved. No..... I haven't seen her. She has been needing rest and I have honored that request. Yes, that has been tough for me but not really. Why? It's not necessary to push too hard. Well, except when having a baby. (read: lame attempt at humor there) I hope to see her tomorrow. And yes, please keep praying for all involved.

The big sale is going good. Park took some great pics yesterday and I hope to have those up some time before the weekend is up. There was this little old lady who stayed for 30 minutes if not longer looking thru all the stuff. Park helped her out to where her daughter was parked. She asked if she could hold his hand because she needed a little help. We watched as Park held her hand while carrying her bag of goodies in the other. You should have seen the expression on their faces. Pure joy.

One of hubby's titles is lawn pastor. For those of you who know him - you'll understand that title all too well. He has numerous individuals whose yards he takes care of for various reasons. When he is leaving, he says to me, "I'm going to..... Don't know when I'll return. Depends upon how long of a visit they're needing." With his cowboy hat and work boots on - he can listen and give care like no body else's business. For "Ms. Know-It-All" and her Emmitt.... I don't honestly know who enjoys their visits more. And yes..... the yard always looks good when he's finished. Their hearts... hopefully more at peace. Their smiles and hugs - melts him just as much. Of course... hubby doesn't call her "Ms. Know-It-All"..... he just can't. That was a title my dad gave to her and she thinks it a hoot.... She laughs when I call her that. Oh.... little things in life...

After dinner, we headed to the club pool. Park and Trav had presented a darn good case. The sun was shining... the pool would close before the time the VBS event would have even started had it not been CANCELLED.... How could we resist? All three boys swam and hung out with friends. I visited with a dear friend and then hung out with hubby and the nats. One of the lifeguards kept laughing at me for swatting... the nats - not hubby. I imagine I did look goofy. I was laughing and swallowed at least one nat. They were too small to taste like chicken. Hubby pushed Park into the pool. He was completely caught off guard. It would have been worth it to have chicken at the club pool.

Hubby is at the big sale. He made me breakfast and served it to me in bed before heading out. He does that most Saturdays. Mom is drinking her coffee having made it thru what would have been her and dad's 45th wedding anniversary yesterday. I am thankful for Hoover. When he walked into the house yesterday morning - he told her how beautiful she looked. He fixed her lunch and dinner at his place. They hung out and watched The US Open and a basketball game before he brought her home at 11:00 p.m. And yes...as all the neighbors know... he walks her up to the front door and they kiss.

Our lives are crazy. The younger boys and I are heading out the door to go work the big sale. Later hubby and I will go out on the town with our best couple friends. Aus is looking forward to having some computer time now. He has been called to ministry. Joy and blessings abound.

No comments: