Saturday, June 16, 2007

Praise & Prayer

Often I'm asked how I start my day. Why some of you find that fascinating is beyond me but here you go....

Praise and prayer. It sounds so simple and it is. For me, listening to music and singing praise to God or uttering thanksgiving whether aloud or not is the best way to start each and every morning. Prayer is like breathing for me. The older I've gotten.... the more cherished that time has become. Praise and prayer are treasures. I do not believe them to be only for Sunday mornings or whenever one might attend some kind of service at a building labeled a church.

I realize that not everyone is comfortable in praying before other people. However.... when talking about praying to God... if you could just look at it like talking to the one who knows you best. You don't have to put up pretenses. You don't have to be someone you're not. For some it is uncomfortable to think about the fact that He knows you inside and out. Every little secret. Where every little piece of dirt and slim might be. Instead of being uncomfortable about that - think about how truly freeing it is.... He sees and knows every thing and instead of walking away from you - He wants you to come closer to Him. He wants to come closer to you. What I really want you to think about though is not your self.... Think about Him. Who He truly is...

It is my hope and yes... my prayer that when you stop and think about The Name Above All Names - praise and prayer will become the first things for you each day. And yes, spend time devouring His Word... It is alive. It can breathe into your life like no other book you could possible read.

No comments: