Thursday, June 14, 2007

Come Into His Sanctuary

Our church is in the process of getting rid of pretty much every thing that is located in our old facility. Some of it being donated to other churches and etc... some has been sold and will be the next two days in a big sale. We were never a part of the church when it was totally located down the hill. Well..... at least not in membership or staff/leadership wise. The property will be sold before too long.... we hope and pray. That's where we've been for several hours today. I ache.... I smell bad..... I'm dirty from head to toe.....

There was stuff every where in what once was the sanctuary. As I stood there in the middle of it looking around, taking a breathier from moving stuff from classrooms out into the main area... I couldn't help but think about Him. I couldn't help but think about numerous conversations with people over the years about sanctuaries.

The book of James is one of my favorites in the Bible. In the 2ND chapter, he (being James) talks directly about not showing favoritism.... While standing there I found my self worshipping Him - being in complete and total awe. For one thing I truly believe about God is that even though that place is no longer seen as a sanctuary..... Wherever a person worships Him can be just that. It was not necessary for me to go and get all cleaned up... or even drive up the hill to where our facilities are now located....

How often do we look at those walking into the rooms we've designated as sanctuaries and decide in our own minds & hearts who are truly welcomed and who needs to go home and get cleaned up first? If Jesus were to walk literally into the room - where would we allow Him to sit? or stand? Or would we even notice Him at all?

How about that person who is wearing the finest of clothes and smells good? What do we do with them? And how could we possibly know with just a glance how much in need of His cleansing power they might really be?

Come into His Sanctuary...... For it does not belong to us.......





2 comments:

karen said...

Thanks for that reminder.

Cameyg said...

You're welcome Karen.