Monday, December 3, 2007

"Situational Christianity"

Over the course of the last few months, this is a term I've used more and more to relate to various things happening with individuals.

What does it mean?

That a situation in an individual's life has changed; and, therefore, they have changed their thoughts and beliefs on Christianity to try to justify their actions.

This is especially true of a growing generation of ........

Senior citizens.

Ex: A man or woman who was married for years. Their spouse passed away. They had a good marriage and took care of their spouse in sickness and health. Now, they believe they are entitled in a sense to do whatever they feel like doing with another individual that they claim to love and care about. To quote an individual: "I've graduated from being married in the traditional way. I did my time. Now, I'm free to live with someone and we can consider ourselves married without all that other hassle. I do not care what any one else thinks about it."

Situational Christianity....

No comments: