Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Better Than A Wide Screen TV

So earlier today, I was called into the physical church building to work for Ms. E. at the main receptionist desk. I said to myself as I sat down in the big black chair, "Wonder what Eugene will have to say to me today?" (No, I don't answer myself... lol)

Sure enough... A few minutes later, there was Eugene at the desk. The conversation had to do with Christmas presents. I shared with him that Brother G normally does not make requests for Christmas presents from me. What he really wants, I cannot buy for him. It is a God thing. Eugene is one of the individuals in Brother G's Wednesday night Bible study class.

An hour or so went by after Eugene left the building. He had gone to Wal-Mart and immediately thought to call me..... He just started talking as soon as I said, "This is Camey. How may I help you?" He responded, "Well, yes. You can help me. There's a 42-inch TV with your hubby's name on it that you need to buy him. I know he would like it." I just busted a gut.

What's funny about Eugene is that he was there the day I was training. Okay... Confession here: I was the President of Future Secretaries of America back in the 80's when I was in high school. There are just some things one does not forget.... Eugene told me that day that he expected me of all people to know answers to his questions when he calls the physical church building. That with sitting at that desk in particular, I should know every single thing that goes on in the church 24/7. Cough. Choke. Cough.

Ring. Ring. His name is Eugene. And honestly, I'm thankful I do not know every single thing. What I do know about Brother G is really rather simple. Christmas is not about any thing that I could purchase for him myself. The best gift came some 2000 plus years ago. And He was/is better than a wide screen TV.

No comments: