Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hello. You've Reached The....

If you were to call the number we give as our home phone.. you would think you've dialed the wrong number unless you know my maiden name or my mother's name. The voice would be that of the man who was my dad and had been her husband and etc.... Time marches on....

This morning, the woman of the house gave her son-in-law and daughter (me) permission to now change the message on the phone. We've been waiting for her to make the decision in her own timing. This is one area where life has been a little strange for the past year plus. And yet, it has served a great reminder in so many ways....

Our Father longs for us to know and recognize His voice.. For it to bring us comfort and all that should be associated with a father's love. I can still recall the sound of my daddy's voice. And yet, today just like yesterday.... and God's will permitting... like tomorrow.. it is not my favorite voice to know or have known.... There is only One Real Father.

Whose voice would answer your inner phone?

No comments: