Thursday, October 4, 2007

Liquid Living.

Last night found me in my usual spot in the foyer of the hospital. There were bodies yet again all around. Coming and going.... some asking for directions to the area of speciality they were needing. Others.... walking with their heads down not wanting to be known and yet.... wanting to be understood. The seen and the unseen alike.....

In through the main doors walked a woman that I consider a dear friend. She also happens to be in the parenting class on Tuesday mornings. We immediately walked up to one another and hugged. The look on her face - no price tag could do justice on. She shared with me that she went home after the class and spent an hour with her husband talking about all she learned. He happened to be home... they were alone to actually talk..... I don't believe in coincidences. Neither do they. She was about to bust. She was on fire. And frankly.... it was pouring out into my own life and that of another sweet friend who was with her.... No doubt it will be poured out into the lives of their children..... and whomever else He would have her share with. Taking what is taught and actually making it a part of our lives..... our daily lives....

There's this man who I talk with on a regular basis while at the hospital on Wednesday nights. Last night was no different... And yet it was.... He had looked up the church my cousin was a part of. The church had a picture of him along with the information about the visitation and the service on their website. It was a small part of the main page.... It spoke volumes to this man in ways that I am not sure he fully understands yet... I pray one day soon - it will pour out from his life into that of others... Others he has contact with every Wednesday night especially.

One of the Titus 2 women in my life asked me to teach a marriage class in the spring. Several individuals have been asking me about that for a while now. Especially some of those in the parenting class.... I smiled deeply and had to laugh. For one thing He has been pouring into my heart lately, as He so often does over various seasons, is the reminder that while we can put things on our calendar....... only He truly knows what tomorrow holds... His timing.... His plans...

Liquid living..... Pouring out what He pours in... How full or empty is your jar?

No comments: