Friday, October 5, 2007

Interruptions Part II

(Yet, there was this nudge inside of me that said, "Just say 'no'.") I did..... say no....

Today is Friday... This morning, the phone rang... Brother G and his wife were called to help someone... Someone with a real need. As it turns out... it not only helped this individual but it answered some questions for us as well.... Answers that will be used as we seek to minister to others....

We used the fact that we were close to the Hrt Ctr and stopped to visit with HB. His feet looked awful and he kept rubbing them together..... I offered to put lotion on them since I knew he couldn't reach them. As I was in the restroom getting the lotion.... it hit me... When I came back out with it... I looked at HB straight in the eyes... I asked him if he would prefer Brother G to do it for him instead of me... He did... It was sweet and tender as he got down on his knees to tend to this precious man's feet... He had spent countless hours doing that for dad.... Sweet memories..... We talked for a bit longer... As we were getting ready to leave... hugs and kisses as usual... except this time... HB asked me to pray. One thing he knows about me... I will not pray certain ways unless I am convicted to.... He cried while I prayed and just squeezed my hand. Today is his wife's birthday... This was the first time in 2 and a half weeks she has not been at the Hrt Ctr by 7:00 a.m. She was going to be there shortly after we left..... By this time HB had already had lunch...

We hadn't been home long this afternoon... when the phone rang again. Brother G is on his way back to another city we were at earlier today.... Parker is home from school now... Travis will be before long.... Austin needs to be picked up from the little store at 5:00..... And dinner will be ready at 5:30..... it's only been on the stove since 6:00 a.m. after all...

Funny enough? That nudge was right... I did need to say no. Ah... THAT VOICE....

What needs to be interrupted in your life this moment?

No comments: