Sunday, August 5, 2007

High School Mission Trip

I agree with Austin when he says it is hard to put into words just how good God was on high school mission trip. I also agree with Courtney that I would not change a single thing.

God amazed me this year in how attentive He is to details. Things that seemed so "insignificant" at the moment turned out to be God working in huge ways. There are several ways this was seen. First of all, this was the first year both Dick and Brad came with us on mission trip. There knowledge of construction was greatly needed. To be honest I did not ever "seek" them out to go on mission trip...they came and found me. Of course, I always need adults but this year I needed THESE adults. Prior to departure Mitchell George was not sure if he was going to get to go due to work. But he was able to go. I am not sure that we would have been able to do the construction side of our jobs without these three men. God was good in providing the leadership that we need.

Secondly, many of you prayed about our "van" issue. I have planned countless mission trips as both the youth leader and a missions coordinator and I have never had a car company call and say "sorry we are overbooked. Figure it out." I have also never seen the lack of availability of cars. But God knew if we had vans His plan would not come to pass. If we had vans we never would have met our friends from Georgia who drove us all week. We also never would have gotten the manpower and tools that we needed at our house. By having to ask for transportation we met an awesome sister church who became our partner in missions. Both churches say it was the highlight of the week to see the body of Christ work together. Where wer were weak they were strong.....and vice versa.

Thirdly, the youth that went on this trip were the ones that needed to be there. Every person had a role. Every person had a gift. Every person was used and needed. IT was amazing to see the kids work together and while we had "minor" issues because we were tired...this was the easiest mission trip I have ever done. Each day working with these kids was a joy. They made my job easy. I am so excited for mission trip next year. And the word is out...we have adults and students lining up to be involved next year because they want to be involved in what God is doing. The small taste of mission trip this year has made others hungry to be involved in what God is doing through missions with our students.

Thank you to everyone that prayed. Thank you to the sponsors who made it financially possible. This was not just a youth trip but a church trip. What a joy to see our church come together to do work for the Kingdom. God is good!

No comments: