Sunday, July 29, 2007

Time. Mystery. Porch Swings.

For the last few weeks, I've been teaching on Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8. The title of this series of lessons being, "What Time Is It?" If you have a Bible, I encourage you to open it and read these verses. If you don't have a Bible - I encourage you to get one and dive into it. What time is it for you at this very moment?

Mystery. Is time a mystery for you just waiting to be unwrapped like a game of Clue? Or is time something that you think you can plan every single minute of and in the ways in which you think it ought to tick?

Porch swings. Parker and I just spent some quality time together on the back porch swing talking about life and our walks with Jesus. How long has it been since you've sat on a porch swing and listened and talked with another about Him? Would you even have time for such things in this season of life?

Time. Mystery. Porch swings. Thank YOU God for the blessings of these things.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to pick one.. I know it's a time to laugh and dance... there has been far to little of those lately. But also a time to speak and a time to search. Wow... this is really making me think... thanks Camey.

I do know, that time IS a mystery. I find that as I give God more time, I have more time. I don't understand that. I get it when we talk about money, because, really, there IS more money out there and as we give, He gives back.. but there are still only 24 hours in a day... how does HE do it? I don't question it... I just praise Him for it!

Anonymous said...

One of the things I loved about my house when I bought it was the swing on the back porch. It's a great place to read and pray. But I haven't been on it in a long time. I've got to make some changes. Thanks for the reminder.

Cameyg said...

Karen,

You're welcome. Always glad to see you commenting here. Definitely understand about "really making me think".... did me too... still am.

Bryan,

You're welcome as well. Okay now.. you said you've got to make some changes. I'll be asking you about how that's going because I believe in accountability. Just so you know. Definitely enjoying your blog!