Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Monday's Dances.

When we left the house yesterday, I simply had no clue what all would go down. The anticipation was in the air and it was creating a beautiful sound - one of music you could dance to.

Parker got off to camp with a big smooch and squeezing the heck out his mom.... I just had to laugh. He then told me I was free to go hug on some other children who needed to know God's love. He also said, "Make sure you tell those teenagers to play with them. They like hide-n-go seek." Thata boy Parker! Talk about dancing....

Allen is sixteen-years-old. He is one of the students that Brother G and I have been vesting in the last several months. He just insisted on riding shot gun with me in the vehicle I was driving. So, Austin and Travis were cool enough to go with Ryan and Shelley instead of their mom. Those boys dance with their mother in more ways than I can count.

I had a great group of students with me at the site we were assigned. As we waited for the children to come - I encouraged them to play games with them. Not just hand them the sack and say a couple of words and then off they would go type thing. And did they play.... They let the children chase them... swung on the swings beside them... and on and on....

As the other children were playing, one was sharing with me about his home life. When he told me what school he went to, I looked at him and said,, "Do you know Parker?" He then went on to say that not only did he know Parker but that Parker and his dad had fed them & spent time with them last week. He talked more about his home life. I put my arm around him and hugged him and told him that we would be praying for him and his family. He hugged me back hard and said, "I know you will because I know what kind of kid Parker is and he was here with his dad." Please join us in praying for him and his family....

Allen, Leah, and I talked more about camp as we were closing down. They were so incredibly inspiring listening to. I asked deep questions and they responded with more than "Sunday School" answers. We talked about how they could put feet to their thoughts. That they needed to be more than mere emotions and feelings alone. More than a few camp fire songs that burn out after daylight dawns. Please pray for Allen and Leah as they seek to listen to God and follow Him no matter the cost.

After returning back to the physical church building, Cyndi asked if I could take her to meet her mom. As we were driving into town, Cyndi and I talked about cell phones and texting... about how God spoke to her last week. We talked about the mission trip to Mission Arlington that she had gone on. She shared with me about her thoughts on next summer. We talked about practical ways she could be on mission right here in G-town. Cyndi is a leader whether she wants to be or not. Please join me in praying for her to be the kind of leader that God wants her to be.

As we were heading back to the house, Austin and Travis talked more about the day's events and various other things. It's funny how much one can learn from their own children. The music was totally beyond words for this mom and sister in Christ.

Brother G stocks water at Wal-Mart for 8 hours a time. That's how much bottled water the folks of G-town use.. And that's just from Wal-Mart people! While we know there are many who do not understand and are not cool with the fact that he is working there.... others totally get it. People are thirsty. Make no mistake about it...

There is Only One Living Water...... Where's your watch? And are you dancing?

When Brother G came back to the highly secure gated community, he shared with me about all the various folks he saw through the course of the day... one was Cyndi. She then went on tell him some about our conversation. Make no mistake about it either - students watch and listen.... and learn one way or another... Please join us in praying for all the individuals who can be found at Wal-Mart... whether working there or just coming in to not make it out without spending a $100 bucks.

Brother G just left to go the physical church building. He is wearing a t-shirt and blue jeans.. His t-shirt says it well, "Work Hard. Pray Hard. John 3:16" Yes, he wears these type of t-shirt for a couple of reasons... 1) he's that kind of guy really; 2) they prompted conversations... open doors.

Monday's dances are songs that linger into Tuesday's moments and so on..... That's the type of music that He provides us to dance to..

As always - you dear reader were prayed for this moment wherever you may be and go.

No comments: