Saturday, May 17, 2008

Praying Through Life's Moments.

One of the biggest blessings and privileges I have in ministry is praying through life's moments with others. It never ceases to amaze me how simple and yet profound prayer can be. Case in point:

There was a family that came into the physical church building one day this week. I knew who they were as soon as they walked in the door. Their heads were down and the weight of the world seemed as though it was resting on their shoulders.

I got up from behind the desk and came around to where they were. I introduced myself and told them that I had been praying for them as had our local church body there. One by one - I put my arms around them and hugged them. And while I cannot in all ways understand what this family is going through - prayer unites those that were seemingly strangers before.

One of the biggest blessings I have are individuals praying through life's moments with me. And like I am constantly told, "Camey? You are just weird. How can you have gone through all you have in life and believe and have the faith that you do?" Simple and yet profound... I believe in the power of prayer. I believe in The One who hears... listens... speaks.... draws me closer....

For in praying through life's moments one thing I have no doubt of... one cannot pray in the manner in which pleases God and not be moved... changed.... even if the circumstances remain the same.

Prayer is a gift. It is a part of worship. It is not intended to keep to ourselves.

Wherever you are at this moment - you were just prayed for.

Thank you for the privilege and untold blessing of walking through life's moments with you whether near or far. And thank you for walking with me as well.

No comments: