Thursday, February 28, 2008

Heart. Cross. Anchor.

On Tuesday, I lost the three charms that were given to me when I finished seminary. They were a heart, a cross and an anchor. How they came off my necklace, I haven't the faintest clue. Oh, for those who aren't familiar with the story...

On the day I was to walk across the stage, I was not there. Instead I was at my daddy's bedside as he took his final breath. There was no place I would have rather been. It was priceless time that I will always cherish. Exactly a week later, which would have also been his birthday, a package showed up at my doorstep. I had gone out to get the mail and when I returned to the front door, the same door I had come out of, there was the package in front of it. It was from the seminary. The heart, cross, and anchor charms were inside along with a couple of other items. Still gives me chill bumps just thinking about it.

Funny enough? Right now... this moment... I'm thankful that I lost them. For even though they were very special to me... the fact that they are gone does not change one single thing about my relationship with God or my call or the ministry in which I am so incredibly grateful to be a part of.

People. Places. Things. God can use them all to teach us valuable lessons in life.

Signed,
Beyond Blessed in Texas

No comments: