Monday, February 25, 2008

Giving Thanks. Answered Prayers.

This morning I simply must give thanks to Him. I remain in awe.....

One of the privileges I/we have in ministry is walking with others who are also in ministry. Brothers and sisters in Christ from all over the USA.

In the last couple of days, it has been a sheer joy to read several of the emails that are coming from these individuals. Reading/seeing/hearing how God has indeed answered their prayers. Prayers, at times, prayed while in the pit. For those still there.... take heart and be of encouragement. Real Hope, as always, is found only in Him.

Yesterday... I wrote about the Men's Ministry Breakfast that was taking place at our local physical church building. Little did I know.... Austin, our sixteen-year-old son, was one of the individuals asked to pray. Grown men kept telling me how his heart was evident in his words. And how it truly ministered to them... Austin greatly enjoyed being around the older men in our church as did Travis and Parker. Then again, they always do. May the generations realize there is much to benefit from one another.

There's this woman. I could not help but be reminded of being a good neighbor when talking with her in the hallway. She offered her new car to me to drive any time I'm in need of one. She has health issues that keep her from driving much. She said, "It is just a thing. It is to be used for doing God's will." Brother G is her lawn pastor. The boys take out their trash when her husband is out of town. We are neighbors in every sense of the word that God intended.

I've never been a morning person. Back some time ago now... I started praying for God to change me in that way. I woke up this morning at 5:00 a.m. praising Him. Now... if that does not go to show the power of prayer......

Giving thanks. Answered prayers. What a way to start the morning!

Thank You Lord for today! This moment.....

No comments: