Saturday, November 24, 2007

Weather Changes. Seasons.

This morning's plans have already changed. Our local church was scheduled to work along with TxDOT cleaning up the highways around our town. Of course with the rain and cold temperatures, that has been canceled for today.

This afternoon, a young woman is getting married. Hubby and I are going to the ceremony. I must confess to having mixed emotions about this. She knows I do. And yet, she also knows that I love her beyond words. She will make a beautiful bride. Her little boy is going to be all smiles I'm sure for he loves dearly the young man who wants to be his daddy and who loves him and his mommy. With her getting married, obviously, that takes her out of the Sunday group. She was one of the original ones. She is also one of the ones that has stretched me so much in my calling. And yet, I would not trade one moment even when it has brought pain and tears and dropped me to my knees hard. And this afternoon as she says her vows and he.... his.... I will continue to offer love and support. It is after all, not mine alone to give or keep. I pray this next season for her will bring more growth and will bloom into a garden to be cultivated for His glory.

This evening, hubby and I have plans to go out on a date. Yet, one thing I can say without reservation is that we have had the opportunity to spend a good amount of quality time together this week. That did not happen by accident. It was very intentional. It had nothing to do with the holiday even though we are exceedingly thankful. For under God, our relationship with each other falls in-line next. I am a blessed woman to be married to a man who loves God more than he does me, and yet, because of his love for God, loves me all the more.

Weather changes. Seasons come and go. One thing that remains the same..... His love. "For God so loved the world in this way... that He gave..."

What are you are giving this season that takes more than you to give?

No comments: