Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Three Sisters

Yesterday I had the privilege and blessing of spending time with three sisters. They came for the parenting class. We spent some time together talking after it was over.

The oldest sister has been walking through illness for the last 7 years. She has three sons as well. Oh, the ways in which we were able to share from our hearts about how only through God can one be thankful for such times. I have stated numerous times before and will continue to.... I am thankful that I had a form of Muscular Dystrophy and all the other health issues over the years. I wake up each and every day praising God for the incredible health I have now. I pray each day to not take it fore granted. And yet, we both know that any moment of the day we choose being healthy spiritually than physically. This woman lives in California. We will be staying in touch no doubt. Pray for her and her family......

One sister has just moved to G-town. She has little children and a heart so huge... They moved here from Houston where they were actively involved in various ministries. There were times when I was sharing various things that I could see the glow in her eyes looking back at me. Sure enough.... She has worked.. still does in a sense with teenage girls and young women who are pregnant and/or single moms. Little did she know that I've been praying for someone like her. The really cool thing is she and her hubby will probably be joining another church ... yet, we are still a part of the same body. She gets it that I don't care about "joining" a church.... I care (as does Juls and Becky) about seeing lives transformed and changed.... that reach out and touch other lives and continues to walk with the seen and the unseen. Now... before you get tempted to send me an email or leave me a comment about "I don't care about 'joining' a church" statement...... I do know the importance of fellow believers gathering together.... That's not what I'm talking about here though. I'm talking about those individuals who normally want nothing to do with God or the church herself until becoming pregnant and being a mother.... Please pray for this woman and her family... Pray for how we can work together for His kingdom alone.

The third sister.... well, I had the privilege of meeting her for the first time during VBS. I was blessed by serving her when she came to the volunteer lounge. Little did she know that I was beyond excited when she walked up to me to sign up for the class a few weeks ago. I have been praying for her specifically since then. Little did I know that she invited her sister who moved here to come with her... or that she had shared with her about our first class time together.... Again... the tears... I cannot wait to see what the Lord has planned. Pray for this woman and her family.

As I am writing this and thinking back over yesterday morning with the three sisters... I am not sure who received more encouragement and I am thankful yet again for the unmeasurable love of God. How individuals are woven together..... like a child in a mother's womb.

I love you Father.. I am thankful that no matter what type of parent any of us may be or become... none can compare to You.

Signed,
Your Child

No comments: