Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Son and Mom Moment....

On Tuesday afternoon, Austin and his mom went to the foot doctor. We were sitting in the waiting room having a good time talking. We are incredibly blessed with a great relationship with each other... But Tuesday afternoon..... well......

Suddenly... this mom noticed one of the women behind the window checking out her son... I mean totally checking him out... It will remain one of the weirdest moments that he and I have ever shared. Shared? Yes... you see I pointed out to him that she was checking him out. I also later on pointed out to her that he was only 15..... Oh.... I can be such a mommy.....

Yet, it is in openly talking about such things with Austin that makes us closer....... that truly provides the jumping board for real in-depth conversations. Now, I know that some might say that I should have never pointed that out to him. But had I not... we would not be even closer now... this moment... I'd rather be a fool any day than to not have open lines of communication with him.

I have his permission to share this with you. He hopes it will help other parents want to talk with their child(ren)... especially if they are a teenager. He also hopes that it will help teens want to spend time with their parents... You never know what real benefit will come from it..

Oh.... Austin is 16 today! There are times when he teaches me more than I ever could him.

No comments: