Sunday, September 2, 2007

Shaken. Stirred. Poured.

Yesterday was the service for Josh Fant at our church. According to Wiley's Funeral Home... it was the biggest funeral Granbury has ever seen. The same, obviously, is true for our SP and our church..... There was standing room only even in our foyer.... Count probably around 1,000 individuals or so... The amount of tears even higher... Weeping.. sobbing... Please continue to pray for his family, friends, our town and our church... Shaken.....

The last couple of days, I've been stirred.... I had been fighting to stay away from a certain type of part time job. As some of you know..... I am a part of the bringing home the bacon for our family. While I am a full-time so many other things... I too work outside our home. It is a conviction of ours that whatever I do outside the home must go hand-in-hand with being a pastor's wife and women's minister. The meeting on Friday was about being a caregiver for a precious woman in her 80's... I start on Wednesday. This particular job is only for the month of September.. Yet, upon calling the family to let them know I would take the job.... a real peace came over not only myself.. but my hubby and my mother about it... While it was okay for me to have some time away from giving someone medicine... bathing them... whatever the case may be... that time is over. This job works well with all the many other hats I wear. I consider it a privilege, honor, blessing and a responsibility to not be taken lightly.... I have no doubt that this amazing woman and her family are just the first to come my way this time... this season....

Today our SP, John, preached on waiting.... I couldn't help but smile and laugh.. That's okay to do... Seriously.. it is.. The summer months I was requested to let go of the bacon hat. I did what was asked.... our schedules were crazy enough on their own... The summer was the waiting. Now it is time to pour out what has continuously been poured inside of me... I am full...

Yesterday at the service for Josh... when I was ministering in the foyer... in walked this woman. We immediately walked over to each other and hugged. She had not forgotten me or our family.... definitely not my daddy.... She works at the hospital he was in... we spent so much time together. She said she had wondered if she would see me at the church... When I told her that daddy had indeed passed on.. she wasn't surprised and said she had continue to pray for our family. She also shared what a difference we had made in her life during that time.... That she had really felt cared for.....

It just goes to show.... One can be a caregiver no matter the circumstances... What truly makes the difference though in the care given is who truly is giving it and where it comes from. My help.... my strength... my HOPE comes from HIM alone.

Where does your help, strength and hope come from?

How long has it been since you've been shaken, stirred and poured....... out?

No comments: