Monday, August 27, 2007

Keep Singing...

Last night as I was studying.... the phone rang. On the other end of the phone was a woman who I had not talked with in a couple of months. Every time I've thought about stopping by to see her (them).. there's been a vehicle in the driveway. She's given me permission to come by even if she has company but, I try to limit visits like that. So... she rang... I went....



I will not share the details of our conversation except to say..... This woman lives with her husband who has been ill for many years now. While she is physically healthy, she considers herself homebound like her husband. As we sat in the kitchen drinking white tea out of china cups..... I couldn't help but think of a song by Mercy Me called "Keep Singing"......



Her dedication to her husband is beyond words. Yet, it is her love for God that keeps her singing more than any thing else. Actually? I believe it is His love for them both that truly creates the music in the silence.



This color represents the artist in her that uses charcoal to create masterpieces. Some thing she has time for since they are homebound.

No comments: