Monday, February 18, 2008

"All Hands On Deck"

What wonderful words to hear from Pastor Jackson as the invitation time started... Really as it continued for the invitation does not start with a note of a song...

Individuals leaving their chairs to come and kneel to pray...

Parents bringing their children who couldn't stay in their seats any longer...

Individuals coming for baptism who wanted to take that next step now....

From the start of the day to the finish - His Spirit was ever present. Just as it is now still...

Words fail me to adequately describe what is taking place.

Last night I had the privilege of hosting the Deacon Ordination Reception. Thanks again to Sharon J. for all she is and does, and the deacon wives whom I asked to serve. Of course, thank you to Brother G and our younger sons too. Your dishwashing skills are priceless.

Individuals kept thanking me as they were leaving. Hugs and "I love you" were flowing just as the punch had been stirred and poured.

Over the years He has shown me time and time again - His love is not ours alone to keep.

What does "All Hands On Deck" mean to you this moment? Today?

And who could benefit from what He has given you?

Isaiah 6:8 says, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"

Will you respond, "Here am I. Send me," today... this moment?

No comments: