Saturday, September 15, 2007

Real Identity.

It is without question amusing to me how He speaks to me at times... Today has been one of those days....

At 10:00 a.m., Austin's mom dropped him off for his second day of work at the little store in the highly secure gated community. He had such a huge smile on his face. Austin's mom was beyond proud and yet... there is that whole... "my little boy is growing up." OH, wait... He is 6 foot 2 already.... lol Growing and stretching.... Wanting to protect and yet knowing that he must have his wings to fly.

Parker, Travis and I went to get the car I drive, but, is not ours, inspected. While we were sitting there, I couldn't help but think back to the days of when all I had to do was take the vehicle I was driving to the dealership and drive away when they were finished. I answered to "Ms. B" then... and today it was "Mrs. B's" car that was getting inspected. When I was Ms. B., I had brand new cars every six months to a year through my daddy's job. The slightest noise and the car was at the dealership and I was treated like "Mr. B's" daughter. This car is the same age as Travis and is the last purchase my daddy made. We tried to talk him out of buying it but there was no getting through to him. He was convinced the seven of us needed that third vehicle. James, the man who inspected the car today... kept coming back to me and saying, "This is wrong. It won't pass unless it's fixed." Finally, after all the others who had been in the waiting room with us had come and gone... we heard, "Ms. B.? The car is ready. It passed." Parker and Travis both said, "Thank you, God." out loud. I couldn't help but be thankful for that car and what it still is teaching us..... While I am not Ms. B. legally and haven't been for 18 years now.... the lessons I learned while being her remain to this day. I'd rather have an old car to drive and appreciate it's real value than to have a new one and not. Funny enough? The other vehicle I drive is only a year old. It is needing to be inspected too. It is also Mrs. B's. Yet... it will be the widow's daughter who takes care of getting it inspected. Vehicles I have the privilege of driving through my Father's work no doubt......

The boys and I went to Wal-Mart to shop. I sent them off to the section of the store they like to visit the most. As per usual, I ran into someone we know. We started noticing the boys walking past us but not seeing us. They hadn't stayed where they were supposed to. They had gotten tired of waiting for me and decided to try and find me. We said goodbye and I set off to help the boys learn a lesson. They finally found me in the game section where I said I would meet them. Parents... and the lessons that come with having children.

Funny enough? The someone I ran into caused the boys and several others to do a double take as we continued to shop. I've been mistaken for her numerous times since living here. While we are not twins/sisters... there is no doubt we are cousins. Our dads were brothers. Hers the oldest... mine the baby.... Mine passed away first even though they had/have the same illness... We're closer now than we ever have been before. So much more in common.... including our hair! We've both have always been "known" for it..... lol

The lawn pastor returned while I was writing this. He had finished for the day. Funny how it doesn't take as long to tend to lawns when the individuals are not home. Hmmmmm Where is home again? Hubby wants to go on a date with his wife. It will of course, all depend, upon how Austin's day at work went when he gets off....

Real identity... While all are these are some of who I am.... Who Christ is in and to me is even more so vital to my identity. Again.... like breathing...

Who holds your real identity?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wise and insightful words as usual. I'm finally growing comfortable in my own skin because for too long, I didn't know who I was. Or rather, I had a good idea of who I was but wasn't comfortable allowing others in on the big revelation.

You know when you stare into the eyes of someone and all you see there is your own reflection?

Well, that's the same way it should be when I "look" (metaphorically speaking) into the eyes of Christ. Seeing myself through HIS eyes keeps me from getting derailed by everybody else's perspective on my identity.

Okay, I rambled. Peace, girl!

Cameyg said...

Thank you for sharing dear woman! Understand what you mean.. I speak rambling too. And thank you for being you.