Thursday, September 13, 2007

On Prayer......

As I was driving Austin to school this morning.... we were talking about individuals in our lives who we are praying for.. well, not all were mentioned for in ministry at times that is not possible or permitted.... but that's not the point..

As I have stated numerous times before and will continue to until my last breath is breathed.... prayer is that to me.... it is life sustaining and life giving... it is a connection with Him like no other can be.. And I mean - no other can possibly be.

For it when listening and talking with Him that I am changed the most.... it is in letting go of my plans... thoughts... assumptions... whatever the case may be... It is in taking others before Him and laying them down at His feet and truly meaning.... whatever His will be done....

I know for some, praying, is not some thing that is easy to think of or to do.... Yet, I would give my life for those to experience for themselves the ultimate benefits of spending time with Him in prayer. Oh, wait.... Jesus already gave His life so that we have direct communication with/to Him...

If Jesus prayed while here on earth.... and the Bible says He did.... He must have thought it ultimately beneficial.... Shouldn't we then too?

On prayer...... let Him speak to you... and may you also speak to Him on behalf of others.

You've been prayed for today......

No comments: