Thursday, May 8, 2008

Spiritual Warfare Part II.

Wednesdays are my long day at the physical church building. I arrive at 8:30 a.m. and do not leave until 8:30 p.m. Over the course of the day, I had the opportunity to spend time talking with various individuals whom I love and am so incredibly thankful to have as a brother and/or sister in Christ and also call friend. They are family.

It's funny really. I fought being on staff. I did not want to allow myself to get trapped inside the physical church building. It has been inside those walls however where I have found some of the most amazing individuals I've ever had the privilege of knowing. Funny how that can happen. I fought it and yet it was for my own good. There was real benefit.

The topic of Spiritual Warfare is one that I do not think is talked about enough. Yesterday as I was discussing it with one individual - that person said to me, "Camey? I believe it is easier for women to talk about it than it is for men." Thinking back over my life thus far, I had to agree with this person. Yet, by the time the night was over.... I was having to disagree.

Brother G and I teach a Bible study class on marriage on Wednesday nights. After we were done last night, I walked outside and came across a certain couple. This couple has been praying for us since we first met. They pray with us. They have been of such encouragement to us. Hopefully we have been to them as well. I had only gotten out a couple of words when the man said, "Camey? The Spiritual Warfare is heavy right now. You and your hubby and the boys have been brought to my mind several times over the last couple of days. I knew something was really going on. I could feel it." His wife agreed with him and said she had the same thing happening to her as well.

As I walked down a hallway to where we meet up with our three sons to leave..... a sixteen-year old boy whom our family loves dearly came running up to me and hugged me like he normally does. Then he said to me, "Doors close. Doors open. It's gonna be good. Just hang on for the ride. I'm praying with your family!" Apparently, Austin had been talking about Spiritual Warfare with his buds.

We're fighting for something much bigger than ourselves. The Last One Standing has always been the One and Only Winner! We are a part of Him. He is with us... for us...

Spiritual Warfare.... It is real. It needs to be discussed.

If we are truly to make disciples - to be disciples.... we've got to take off the masks and get real...

And we've got to get dirty! Even if it means cleaning toilets and taking out the trash and slaying those dragons and demons.

No comments: