Friday, March 7, 2008

Moments In-Between The Dash & After

My mom just relayed the following story to me... Stay with me here...

My mom's boyfriend had worked with the grandfather of the teen aged girl who died last Sunday here in G-town. They had also been neighbors years ago. So, yesterday, my mom went with Hoover to the service. My cousin, Kim, and her family are a part of the local church body where the girl and her family are as well.

After the service was over..... My cousin Kim came and found my mom. My mom explained why she was there - Hoover's connections to the family.. My cousin Kim then told my mom that this girl's parents are some of their closest friends. So close in fact that they had actually come to her Uncle's service... They did not know him personally, but because of how Kim talked about her Uncle L. - they came. They thought it was the best celebration service for someone they had ever been to. That is I'm sure until yesterday.....

For I know there were countless individuals who were there in attendance at that service for their daughter who did not know her personally - or not that well - but were there because of how she was talked about by those who did.

It seems that Alyssa and Kim's Uncle L (my daddy) had one thing in common....

They were a bright light for Christ.

Moments in-between the dash and after....

Think about it. Is your light shining bright or is it hidden?

Or do you even know the Only Real Power Source?

(Please keep the family and all connected in your prayers.)

No comments: