Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Word is Alive.. Remember Me.

The Word is Alive.... I often say that. Right now, sitting here, thinking back through the day.. it applies more so than ever. What a day!

This morning was odd. Brother G and Austin normally leave the house at 7:00 a.m. Mom, the younger boys and myself, normally not until 8:45. Yet, this morning.. here we all were... until 10:00 a.m. since we were going to be with a different body of believers. It took us 30 minutes to travel where we were going.. Brother G has preached there several times before. I knew today was going to be completely different though... It was through and through..

Brother G called married men out this morning. Stepped on toes majorly. And several men came up to him afterwards and said how much they needed that. Individuals were crying in the pews. And I kept hearing, "Camey? You've got yourself a Preacher Man!" I'll leave it at that for the moment....

On the way back to the house... An old friend of Austin's, from where we used to live, rang. After downing some lunch.. Austin and I headed to the friend's home.. an hour and a half away. I won't go into great detail except to say... Please pray for this family. Austin is spending the night there tonight. We'll be picking him back up in the morning. Please pray for this family... for their teenage son.

As soon as I drove in the driveway... it was time for Brother G and I to head back to the physical church building where we were at this morning. We were pleasantly surprised at the attendance tonight... At least 3/4 of the individuals who were there this morning were back tonight. They were walking up to Brother G still talking about his sermon this morning.. about stepping on their toes... about being thankful Brother G and I were back tonight. Then it happened...

Brother G preached the best sermon he has ever preached that I have heard. In fact, it was not only his best sermon... it was the best sermon on this particular text I've ever heard.. People were crying.. One woman.. young woman said to me afterwards, "I don't normally cry. He has made me cry both times today." A couple of individuals came up to him.... please pray for them as they take his counsel to heart.

What my husband preached today would not mean a hill of beans if HE were not I AM.

Remember ME? I AM....... I AM the reason for breath.. for life.. for every moment.

No comments: