Monday, April 7, 2008

The Encourager.

There's a certain individual who shall remain nameless for the purpose of this post. Yesterday I spent some time chatting with him. One thing that rings true with this man, not long is needed to get straight to the point. He looked at me point blank and in a couple of words said more than some could say in an hour.

I believe we all need individuals in our lives who we can go to and be open with. That no matter what the conversation may be about - they always want the best for you that God would want for you. That's not necessarily saying the easiest, most fun or the ones that will make you rich monetarily.

As a Christ follower, one thing I believe is that every single day we are to encourage others. Not just those who look like us, act like us, believe as we do, and etc.

Others. Those who you cross paths with wherever you may be found. Or they might be heading.

I am grateful for the encouragers in my life. I hope each day to be so to others.

Who could benefit from your encouragement today? This moment?

If you have any encouragement inside of you... it is not meant to be kept but given away.

Pour it out lavishly on others.

No comments: