Thursday, October 11, 2007

Certain Individuals.

Several years ago now.... a man came into our lives. Little did we know at the time how God would continue to use him and bind us together especially through prayer. Yesterday... the two of us were emailing a little back and forth. I can still hear his voice as if he were sitting right in front of me. When I look back over the time we've known each other.... Wow... Can God's hand been seen all over the moments...... Our relationship started off a little rocky.... but it is on solid ground because of Christ alone. He has been such a tremendous support and encouragement. He is one of the ways we personally experience the love of God. He has shared valleys and mountaintops and the in-between with us and us with him. Thank You Lord for the gift of this man.

Several of the Titus 2 women in my life were at dinner last night. I was fortunate to have sweet conversations with a few of them. One of them in particular... we are so connected through prayer that words are almost not necessary at times. When you spend time, not watching the clock, really praying.... you can truly get to know someones heart. She doesn't just talk the talk.... you ought to see her walk.... because she wants individuals to truly know her Savior... and Lord. She makes me want to be a better Christ-follower... not because of her... but because of Christ in her.... Another one of the women asked for my help with some thing. She then complimented my hair. Oh, it's no question Tuesday was a bad hair day.... She had seen me then too... She also knows that I truly don't give a flip about my hair. It's definitely a way she makes me laugh.... and in her own way encourages me to be me no matter what anyone else says... Thank you Lord for these Titus 2 women......

There's another man whom we've known off and on for a few years. We've gotten to know him better here more recently... life is funny like that at times. Last night he put his arm around me and hugged me tight. We had been working together on a helping some different individuals. What's sweet about the fact that he hugged me like he did is..... I've told him before he reminds me of daddy in certain ways... He loved him too. His affection for me, hubby and the boys extends out of that but is now also able to stand on its own. Daddy gave great hugs. G's are priceless as well.... they are an extension of his love for Him... and His for me/us... Thank You Lord for him...

One of the most precious couples we've ever known weren't there last night. G called to check in on them.. They are both sick... They are in their 90's. She loves to tell me how handsome my hubby is... She knows it cracks me up. One day I went to visit her when she was in the hospital... As I leaned over the bed to kiss her on the check like I always do.... she said to me, "Oh, you're here but where is that preacher man of yours. He is just so handsome ya know." and then she winked at me. Oh, thank You Lord for their example of "to death due us part."..... for how when they are able... they are at the physical church building helping out in whatever ways they can.

There are so many others that come to my mind at moment... Yet, I'll close this one with her. She is the wife of G. Our connection is just as deep and tender. Last night as I told her he had already gone home... it gave us the opportunity to talk a bit.. Her sweet tears as she talked about learning more about real worship..... about the heart of another dear precious man.... who leads like You would have him to.... Her heart was clearly on her sleeve... Her love for You... is so encouraging... The way she introduces other women to prayer groups in homes.... Oh, she definitely another Titus 2 woman... and I know she doesn't even truly realize it about herself. Thank You Lord for her incredible humility....

Certain individuals....

Who do you need to thank God for today in your own life?

And have you told them lately (or ever) the impact they've had on the moments in your dash?

No comments: